28 Jul 18:30 - 04 Aug 12:00 - Borgarnes
➧ More info
This tour with a duration of 6 riding days will take you across different mountains and plains and into valleys on the eastern edge of Snaefellsnes peninsula.
We follow old travel routes, which were only accessible on horseback in the old days. Today, only few people still use these tracks. In addition we get to enjoy the special experience of riding over black lava sand when we cross the bay behind Stóri-Kálfalaekur at low tide.
We travel according to Icelandic tradition, with regular stops to give horses and riders a good rest. Riding with a free-running herd allows for changing horses en-route and ensures that all horses can carry their riders through Iceland at brisk speed without tiring out.
We leave the herd behind at our daily destination. We go back to the farm by car or mini-bus at the end of our rides and are taken back to the herd next morning after breakfast.
Homemade food is provided by our hosts. Enjoy traditional Icelandic dishes which have been adapted to European taste - made with love, delicious and plentiful.
TOUR DATES / ITINERARY
Saturday 07/07/2018 to Saturday 14/07/2018
Saturday 28/07/2018 to Saturday 04/08/2018
- Individually organised arrival in Iceland.
- Meeting at BSÍ bus terminal in Reykjavik at 06:30 p.m. on 28/07/2018.
- Organised transfer to farm Stóri-Kálfalaekur, 6 riding days, 7 nights.
- Organised transfer to Reykjavik on 04/08/2018, arrival around lunchtime.
- Individually organised onward journey.
- Number of participants: max. 16
- This tour is not suitable for riders with no or little riding experience as we ride through rough terrain, up and down steep slopes and will be in the saddle for up to 7 hours per day.
- Our hosts Ólöf and Siggi at Stóri-Kálfalaekur have operated multi-day riding tours since 1986. They are widely known for their exceptionally good horses, Siggi's horsemanship and Ólöfs culinary skills.
INCLUDED IN TOUR / PRICE
- transfer from Reykjavik to farm Stóri-Kálfalaekur and back to Reykjavik after the tour
- 6 riding days with 2-3 different horses per day and free-running herd
- accommodation in double rooms with made-up beds and shared bathrooms
- dinner at the farm on arrival day
- full board on all riding days
- breakfast on departure day before transfer to Reykjavik
- use of hot tub
- rain gear
- riding helmet
- saddle bags
- packing list
PRICE PER PERSON
BOOKING AND FURTHER INFORMATION
- write us a message here on Facebook
- write us an email to email@example.com
(English, German, French, Icelandic)